World-Class Training. Global Opportunities. Chance to Improve the World. Pick 3.
The Young Professionals Program
For 45 years, the World Bank’s Young Professionals Program has been the preeminent program preparing global development leaders. If you have a passion for international development and a drive to lead, we want to hear from you.
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a starting point for an exciting career in the World Bank.
It is a unique opportunity for young people who have both a passion for international development and the potential to become future global leaders. The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as, economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management. In order to be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability. We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage qualified men and women with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds to apply. Since its inception, the YP Program has hired over 1,500 people who now hold position ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors. It is a unique opportunity to experience development and gain exposure to the World Bank’s operations and policies.
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after September 30, 1979)
- Have a Master’s degree or equivalent
- Be fluent in English
- Be fully proficient in one or more of the Bank’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience at the policy level or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
- Be motivated to relocate and undertake country assignments
For more detailed information visit: http://siteresources.worldbank.org/EXTHRJOBS/Resources/1058432-1304013341703/index.html